March 17, 2013

Cut your own pork loin and save big!

I recently bought a ~10 lb boneless pork loin from Costco. It cost about $21. By cutting up this pork loin myself, I ended up with:

  • 13 1" thick loin chops
  • 1  rib roast
  • 1 sirloin roast
Now, I don't really know how much all of this would have cost at a supermarket, but I suspect it would be way more than $21. Another nice part about it is you can cut the loin chops as thick or as thin as you want them. You can even take a bit of liberty to determine how big or small you want the two roasts to be (or heck, cut the roasts in half and end up with 4!).

Before:


After:


Now all you have to do is wrap the pork in plastic in your desired serving sizes:


Then wrap it in butcher paper (I'm not good at wrapping presents or meat!):


Pop these packages in the freezer and enjoy saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment